I’ve been working through my list of quilt alongs in the last few weeks. In an attempt to not bore those of you kind enough to follow my blog, I haven’t been posting every little bit of progress here. I’ve posted a few things to Flickr, Instagram, and Facebook as was appropriate for that QAL. (You can see my Flickr and Instagram feed by clicking over on the right.) I think I’ve made enough progress to show you some pictures of my half-baked progress.
17 rows of clams for my Clambake QAL – halfway there.
Irish Chain Twist QAL – cutting done, x-blocks pieced, trimmed, pieced again. Tomorrow we start the next block.
Mystery FMQ QAL – The mystery was solved – we made a thread sampler for ourselves. As it turns out, I don’t have much variety in thread. I use mostly cotton and a few polys when I want something thin (although I usually use these in the bobbin, not on top). Each spool is a different thread, and I’ve written the brand, fiber, and weight on each spool with a Micron pen. Lori also had us “write” the needle/thread guideline 80/50 in the top corner. (Not my best choice of thread color.) I’ve attached a thin binding and just need to sew it down on the back, and I can call this one done.
Linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.